BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Message Board on Where Boats Are

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Message Board on Where Boats Are
    Posted: 11 July 2006 at 6:13pm

Thought We needed a place to drop General Messages on Boat locations so we dont "wonder off the beaten track" on some threads (Guilty as Charged i'm afraid).

Edited by Jim
rozm2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 2:00pm
This was sort of what I was getting at with the "boats" thread, so people could add boats they'd found or knew of and maybe a new topic started if sufficient interest was found? Didn't really work but hey, I tried!
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 10:00pm
Might Work,but we need to find all the survivors,you not wrong.
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 2:45pm

Did The UK Sell any MTB/RTTLs/HLS to the Middle east?

Iran/Iraq area ?

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 7:12pm

Hi Jim

HDMLs 1081,1389 and 1397 were sold to Iran in 1948/9;have you come across something interesting?

Regards,Christian

Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 7:17pm

Hi All

New Question!

Were any ST's 48 foot (If it Is a ST?)

and the same design as the 41 ft hull?

Don, Spoke to the previous Owner....

Says the Hull was in good order!

The Hull, He said has a position for a Third Prop in the hull floor,

He Thinks she was a ST or a Navy Launch of some kind, he gave me pictures of her when he had her.

I will scan and post!

Regards

Jim.

Edited by Jim
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:00pm

Hi Jim

Looks like she could've been post-war JS White-built Admiralty FMB;what do you know about her?There were some wartime-built BPB craft of this approximate size,but I must admit I don't see the similarity,for starters the stem curves the wrong way (chine to deck)and the entry is too fine.When was she built?What is her beam?How many engines?Is she on a brokers page?Tell us more!

Regards,Christian

Edited by Christian
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:08pm

Hi Christian

She is the one in Balloch Marina.

The Owner of the Marina wants her gone...Two Perkins She is abandoned...

Was Talking to Don about her...trying to get someone to look her over soon as possible.

The Previous Owner just phoned me and I will meet him this week for a chat...and I have some more leads up this way!

Pity i'm running out of time!!! bummer

Regards

Jim.

Edited by Jim
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:10pm

Oh and my mate is in Basra and says he saw some MTB type wrecks on the river bank....He thinks PT's?

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2006 at 8:13pm

I edited in a pic of an FMB sold recently,I don't think she's a sister,the sides flare out on "your" boat and on "mine" they are straight.Hmmmm.... 

Re Basra MTBs-Is your mate allowed to take pics of that kind of thing? 

Edited by Christian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
  Share Topic