Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ML Medusa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ML Medusa
    Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:50pm

A couple of shots of the ongoing refurb of ML 'Medusa'. As you will know the vessel was awarded Lottery funding for this worthy project.

Both photo's courtesy of Les Brown

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 9:12pm

Another couple of shots of 'Medusa' under restoration courtesy of Les Brown

Asco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 9:06pm
Whoever is doing this, Pioneer or Les Brown, congratulations well done fantastic keep up the good work.......you are what these boats need.

Briliant.

kind regards Tony
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 9:46pm

Hello Tony

I am afraid that I cannot take any plaudits for this restoration work.

Les Brown had visited the yard (with John Lambert) earlier this year and took a few snaps - I was given permission to place them on the site - so far I have not heard since how much further they are into this project - meanwhile here is another couple of shots taken the same day (courtesy Les Brown)

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 4:18pm
The driving force behind Medusa is Alan Watson.  I'm sure that there are many people involved, all who should take great credit for the work being done.  It's reassuring for all of us to see that there are still people who can make this happen.    Well done to them all...

Medusa's site is:  http://www.hmsmedusa.org.uk/

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:25pm

Hello

Just seen the fantastic pictures of the work on Medusa, a very heartening site, I have had the pleasure of going aboard her a couple of times at the old BMPT site, a great welcome and dedicated team working then and now of course. I think she and Asco and all of you others working to save these coastal forces vessels are to be congratualted. I may shoot myself on the foot, but just a small point with Medusa, are there plans to upgrade the web-site? I look in from time to time, and no current pictures or words about the restoration, I of course understand that restoring the vessel is top priority, but a live site could be of benifit, perhaps with the addition of a donations section, as we have on the Medway Queen site just installed. Not saying a vast fortune may come, but could be of help. We are still to get final award of our grant and commence works, but still need to raise partnership funidng, and I am sure like Medusa, need to raise ongoing funds. Anyway, I wish you all the best, perhaps by arrangement I could come and see her,my companies Hythe Marina is close by I think!, and I look forward to the visit to Chatham mentioned in publicity for Medusa that I have seen, bear me in mind, as possible local contact if you wish,

John Kempton

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 3:57pm

Here are another couple of pictures - a little out of sequence as their showing a'dry' standing before the movement to the undercover restoration site

And of course this one has to be -'The Boss removing the boss' Removal of the Stb'd Prop

Courtesy of Pathfinder.

Edited by Pioneer
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 7:14pm

Hi John and Pioneer

Alan Watson who is spearheading the restoration has promised that once he has a spare moment he will update the website to encompass "all things HDML", in the meanwhile the survivors section is coming along in leaps and bounds with new photos and information from Phil Simons, Bob McDougall, my Dad and I.

Dad recently provided his HDML wiring schematic, possibly the only one in existence and this has proved invaluable, and a fuel consumption graph for an HDML with 8L3 Gardners. Also a spare bronze heat exchanger off an MFV which was rotten and had to be sunk at our "reef". We're working at getting them a set of fuel injectors we know of but can't get in touch with the guy.

As the annoying TV ad says, every little helps! 

The donations section is a great idea, I don't know how far the £1M lottery grant will stretch but it has got to be a good start.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 8:25am

Hi Christain, 

Thanks for the above, its great that you can offer such help to Medusa, quite understand re web-site, they certainly look very busy!, great shot of her on the slip. As you say, the lottery grant is a great start, but keeping things going is also the great challenge, though with the lottery grants, you usally need to prove you can sustain the the project, well, most "little" ones do, it seems the very large ones don't, if you get my meaning, think domes!. Any way, all the best for now,

John

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 8:46am

Another couple of shots of her on the slip at Hythe Yard before work began to get serious

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic