BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Scimitar Class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HMS Sabre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 1:53pm
Hi Anthony,

Many thanks for your update, always great to hear from the people who served on board these craft,

Johnk
Barryg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 9:45pm
Hi Antony
You must have been on there with Nobby Clark as the Tiff, was it you that fell down the stairs.
Barry Gathern
dutchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:12pm

To anyone concerned,

I've Only just discovered this site, but I should like to say I was the first stoker to serve aboard HMS SABRE. My name is Anthony Holland ( DUCHY)

I, like all the crew stood by the boat as she was being fitted out at Vosper Thorny-croft, and then went on to do the sea trails.

And In 1971 and at HMS VERNON 4thof March she was commissioned, she was good boat with a good crew. (Please find attachments).

Had some good times, left in 1973 because of an injury, I’ve left the RN and have been a Design draughtsman ever since.

Good Times, though I often wonder about how the all lads done after they did their stint.

It brings back some memories, covered in diesel lying down on your back, and making smoke.

dutchy
dutchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:51pm

To anyone concerned,

the Original and and first crew were

l

Capt----------------------------- lientenant N.Westberg

Sub lientenant  G.R Hoyle-------------------------First lieutenant.  

Chief of Boat-------------------------------- A Clark (Nobby Clark)- good tiff

Coxswain-----------------------------------------M.J Nethercott 

Second Engineer--------------------------------- P.O M E K.D Muldowny

Radio Engineer---------------------------------------LREM   T.E Abson

Mechanic-------------------------------------------LMEM  A .J Holland

Electrical Engineer-----------------------------------OEM Gragg

Boatsuns Mate----------------------------------------------AB G.Pini

Navigator's Yeoman---------------------------------------------A.B B.Hook

Gunners Yeoman------------------------------------------------AB G Smithmith.I've Only just discovered this site, but I should like to say I was the first stoker to serve aboard HMS SABRE. My name is Anthony Holland ( DUCHY)

I, like all the crew stood by the boat as she was being fitted out at Vosper Thorny-croft, and then went on to do the sea trails.

And In 1971 and at HMS VERNON 4thof March she was commissioned, she was good boat with a good crew. (Please find attachments).

Had some good times, left in 1973 because of an injury, I’ve left the RN in 1975 and have been a Design draughtsman ever since.

Good Times, though I often wonder about how the all lads did after they did their stint.

It brings back some memories, covered in diesel lying down on your back, and making smoke.---------------------see yer. 

dutchy
Arffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:20pm
Hello People,
I was the Nav's Yeo on Cutlass up until the sqaudron was disbanded, then 3 of us were lucky enough to be given P1200 to play with,

Would be nice to track down any of my crew mates from then, I'm the goodlooking one with sun glasses onLOL 
marenostrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marenostrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 5:55pm
..Beautiful pictures and congratulations for the look of the beat generationClap
Happy Easter all!!
Craggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 10:34am
Hi All, especially Duchy Holland.
I just found this website and am glad to see all the posts. I was the first greenie on the Sabre and concur with Duchy on the crew. I really enjoyed my stint on the Sabre and was the best years of my 25 years in the Navy. I am still going strong living and working in Abu Dhabi. If anyone wants to contact Eggy Eagling, the first greenie on Scimitar, I have his contact details so contact me.
Mick Cragg at the time but now Mike.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 4:51pm
Hi there,

Great to hear from you guys who served aboard, think posted before, had a set of cards ex RN of vessels of the RN 1970's, large pack then!, and there was Cutlass, Sabre and Scimitar, poster of one on the wall at my sea cadet unit, and finally recall a pop video of them going in line, with dancing girls aboard, one hand firmly planted on the hand rail though! sure not a dream last? many thanks,

Johnk
Little Tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Little Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2016 at 5:40pm
I think this was cutlass I remember my boss at the time going out to inspect the boat for damage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic