BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Modelling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BPB 63’ type 2 plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BPB 63’ type 2 plans
    Posted: 10 January 2007 at 4:11pm

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble finding a set of plans for a 63' whaleback, I did find some on a CD in Canada but they have 'disappeared'! I have found most other boats but not the one I am looking for.

Any ideas where to look?

Cheers Clive...

masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
hslmouldings View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hslmouldings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 9:58pm

Hi Clive!

There are a set of plans for a BPBco Type 2, 63ft Whaleback plans available for "Model Boats" magazine for the RAF A/SR and the RN MA/SB in 1:24th scale

I have a plan for the RN 63ft MGB!

You can find the Telephone number on the inside of the cover for the Plans dept.

If you have any trouble, please contact me direct through my website. www.hslmouldings.co.uk

regards

Chris
Christopher
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 10:19pm

mickrik here

i am looking for plans for a s r launch whale like the one

on the web site asrl 142 i am building one 1/32 but am finding

it hard to aquire plans any help would be helpful

thanks mickrik  happy boating

happy to meet you all
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 11:40pm

By John Pritchard, I thought this was available through Nexus Plans Service but now I can't find them anywhere.

Saw this on eBay, no idea where to get them though.

If hslmouldings' idea draws a blank, try asking John Lambert through his website; if he doesn't know no-one will!

Edited by Christian
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:30pm

from mickrik

Clap Angry Ouch
more...

thanks to chris at hslmouldings for sorting outmy problem with

the plans for the whaleback the j lambert plans are line plans

not what you need for modelling unless you are an expert?

happy to meet you all
hslmouldings View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hslmouldings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 9:24pm

Hi Mick

Your welcome!

Glad I could help you!

regards

Chris

Edited by hslmouldings
Christopher
Douglas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 11:59am

Hi guys

Have read recent discusion regarding Whaleback hul plans. May be able to help. Just developed a set of "faired" hull drawings and about to construct a 1/12 scale hull to prove fairing. If result is OK then I shall be able to provide comparable information to any scale required. Superstructure details are another matter as variants occurred.

regards

Douglas

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:30pm

Hi Douglas,

I got a set of plans off Chris (HSL) and am in the middle of trying to build what should end up looking like a 63' MASB (1/12)

At some point soon I will post some photos so people who have not built a model can say "I can do better than that!" maybe i'll inspire someone to try.

well, you've got to have a go, and considering all I am useing is a battery drill, jigsaw and hacksaw I dont recon it is too bad! when I am one stage further i'll get a photo posted.

all the best, Clive...

northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:53pm

Try searching on eBay for veneer timber. I would imagine it would be good for authentic looking planking on a solid hull.

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 2:08pm
At my model shop you can get 0.4mm  and 0.8mm plywood! it is about £7 for 2-3 square foot. I suppose you would cut it with scissors or a guillotine? I've not got to that stage yet..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic