BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > 5004
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5004
    Posted: 09 April 2012 at 8:42am
Now 2012 !!       Dragonfly about to receive the correct KF4 engine- - at last !   the whole story will be told after her launch. .hopefully THIS year !!
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 5:21pm
Well done Pathfinder. . . . .A lot of water has passed under the bridge since I posted that letter in July 2007.    The FMD 5383 is now named- 'Dragonfly'  and is about to have the engine  -( 1953 GrayMarine Express 4-140) fitted.    Launch is now postponed till 2010.   I wonder which of them will get wet first ?   Next time I cross the Channel we'll drop in and say hello to 'Dainty'. . . . .cheers.
Pathfinder View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 10:23am
FMD5004 is now resident in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard shed 4. She will hopefully continue with restoration there.
Pathfinder - Forum Moderator
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 8:41am

End of July now and restoration of '5383' going along nicely.

I would like to find out what the shades of grey specified as : D.N.C/M/72  and 73  are /were,   because I will take her back to original colours.        &nbs p;   Can anyone help please.

I got a load of pictures of '5385', which is on the 'Belfast', which were useful.          ; Still no engine , but I'll probably use an Isuzu 4L-42hp which looks like it will fit a treat.

Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 9:22pm

I have just received the service history of the boat from the 'small craft historical research group- Mr Holtham'. . .it tells me the boat was built in 1953, and never allocated to any particular ship.  It was fitted with a Coventry KF4 engine, and built by John Bushnell ltd of Wargrave , near Reading.

It was known as a 'Fast motor boat- " FMB", and I now have it's complete life history, which is just fabulous !

I wonder how many of the original 954 still exist

AndyS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 1:03pm

For boats numbers 5004 and 5383, are they FMDs or are they PDs?

What number was the planing dinghy?

AndyS

Pathfinder View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:59am

Hi,

The planing dingy is a different hull from to the FMD.

Plans are under way, time permitting from BMPT.

Richard

Pathfinder - Forum Moderator
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:11am

Hello AndyS

I do not not know what happened to the dingy - but I shall ask around. 

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
AndyS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:10am

I saved a planing dinghy in Scotland and then it went down to Southampton with Phil Clabburn. My understanding is that the BMPT then assumed ownership and gave it to someone else, but I am not sure. Maybe Pioneer knows it's whereabouts now. I think that Phil might have had a drawing or two at one stage.

Good luck with the restoration.

AndyS  

AndyS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:02am

What length is she? Which engine has she got fitted.

African Mahogany - Khaya Ivorensis.

..but from the picture she looks to be in better shape than many of the projects being carried out. 

AndyS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic