BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > 5004
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 11:05pm
Hi,
Send me the picture and I'll upload it for you...
email don@rania.co.uk

Early BPB craft specified and used African mahogany I believe. I may well be corrected on this but the 63' Whalebacks certainly did as did some Seaplane tenders.

Cheers
Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 9:49pm

Hello. . .this is a better pic now she has come home.  I really need to know what kind of timber was specified in the construction.  It is a light weight and a reddish colour. . could it be Meranti, or Niangan ?

Sorry but i can't seem to upload the picture.  Too large. . . I will when I can. . however I really need to know what type of timber was specified for their construction. It is of light weight and redd in colour. .would it be Meranti or Niangan possibly ?

AmelFango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmelFango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 9:19am

5383 lying in a barn in Ireland.

I am one of Erik's support crew
Rob
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:29pm
Hi Eckie,

Congratulations. Have you a photo you can upload?
Cheers

Edited by dgray
Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:26pm
I have just bought 5383 and she looks very similar. . .I need lots of info to help me restore her. Who do I talk to please?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic