BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Motor Torpedo Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nuoli class, finnish mtb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:46pm
Hi there,

Many thanks, again, said and a bit of waste..

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:47pm
that should be sad.....

rckens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rckens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 7:48pm
it was on the local news tonight about it, a floating boom has been placed around it
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:04pm
www.spitfiresofthesea.com
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 2:48pm
Hi there,

Many thanks for the footage, yes they would be concerned with oil etc escaping, again, sad to see, says bad weather...hm, well there it is, another most likely bites the dust, but did want to say noted under "What's New" pioneer has posted the news re PT-305 which is great, much appreciated,

Johnk
rckens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rckens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:53pm
mtb on exeter canal now back afloat

DiverBrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiverBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 1:09pm
Hey guys, I've just finished working on the vessel in Exeter getting her refloated.

thought you might like this timelapse we made of the refloating

Video
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 3:32pm
Wow, that's fantastic to see, thanks Brian and rckens.
Does anyone know what her fate is?
Steve
www.spitfiresofthesea.com
DiverBrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiverBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 7:24pm
She was originally going to be towed to a local boat yard but nobody will tow her. I believe she will now be lifted onto the quay and broken up sadly. I'll post some videos online I took of inside her once I can confirm that she will definitely be broken up.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 5:17pm
Hi there,

Many thanks for the video there, well, yes I can see that really she would be quite a lot of damage, the engines not least would need a complete strip and re-build, let alone damage to the hull...we do see vessels saved, the HSL 2552 is in hand but a tremendous amount of work and cost...believe, there is an example ashore in a museum in Finland, so not all lost but still.. thanks again,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic