BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > E Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

E/S- boat engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mprints View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E/S- boat engine
    Posted: 27 August 2011 at 10:06am
A couple of sample photos to be seen in the E Boat Machinery section-
Dave Mills
mprints View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 10:02am
To see a collection of photos please go to the E Boat Machinery section.
High resolution scans are available on CD through my website.
Dave Mills
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 6:25pm

Indeed, I thought that perhaps the guys with S130 might be interested in such an engine, albeit I not sure how it would be to run an origional engine ie spares etc,  the British MGB 81 dose run modern MAN units, as opposed to the origional petrol units for obvious reasons. I know not a view held by every one, but I personally would like to see the S130 going again, along with an effort to secure our existing craft, any help to Medusa of course in the current crisis, plus MTB 102, and looking ahead to the few remaining craft such as the houseboats at Shoreham and others.

Johnk

boyhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 4:43pm
ok i emailed you my contacts had problems uploading pictures but will try again later
ww2 v2o supercharged mercedes S/E-boat engine for sale. boyhoy@hotmail.com.
Pathfinder View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 4:05pm

Gentlemen,

Please can u email me your contact details, I will get the new owner of S130 to contact you re the engine.

Email to

pathfinder@safemariner.co.uk

Thanks

Pathfinder - Forum Moderator
boyhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 11:21am
yeah i know, it would be sin, going to be hard work finding someone that wants her. any ideas?
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 11:18am

Hello again 'boyhoy'

I'm sure that someone will appreciate having this monster - please just do not let it go for scrap!

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
boyhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 10:39am
definately a mb518. do You think anybody would be interested in buying it, perhaps a museum or a restorer?
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 10:21am

This is a shot of an MB 501 - the engine that powered most of the E-boats. (note the Mercedes logo at the end) These were reckoned to develop 2500hp while the MB 518 developed 3000hp (powering the few 700 series S-Boats to 43+knts)

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
boyhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:17pm

On second thoughts it cant be a 501 then. I have lots of pics just having troulble compressing them to upload. But the exhausts etc on mine are the same as the mb 518, and the square box on top of the engine too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic