BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Steam Gunboats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HMS SGB4 Grey Fox.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 2:23am
Thank you for the reply, shame really that she was scrapped. Was hoping she might still be somewhere in existence. I will notify my Grandfather about this, yes that would be great if you could find those images. Thank you for your help  
David View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 11:55am
Will take a look over the weekend - sure I kept a print out of the model somewhere. Best wishes. David.
David
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:57pm
The photos were on the HSL Mouldings site, they aren't there any more.
I put them here for you;

David View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 11:24am
Thank you very much Christian - very helpful indeed. David.
David
pete h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:34pm
my father was a crew member of hms grey fox,grey goose, and hms cumberland,his name is herbert francis hughes (known as frank). i would love to know anything of his service record, he was a gunner, thanks pete h
pete h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 4:57pm
how can i obtain the photo of hms grey fox crew which i am pleased to say includes my father on page 2 of BMPT forum, Pete H
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:51pm
Hello 'pete h'
Place your curser over the image - right click - select e-mail (to yourself)
you may need to run it through a Photoshop or like package.
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
pete h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:08pm
thanks pioneer,pete h
Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 4:53pm
Hi,
I have lots of photographs off HMS Grey Fox from WW2. My Grandfather served on this boat as part of the coastal forces defense. I originally contacted the Imperial War Museum in London they sent me an application form and lots of miniature photocopies of the photos they hold with catalog numbers that's how I have them in my possession this was some years ago now but I'm sure they still offer the same service. Also if you contact the Maritime museum or the Government Department dealing with defense they can send you a copy of any service records and a list of any medals you grandfather may have received. I did the same thing,

Garry
Dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 8:53pm
Hello David

While updating some family tree research I found a photograph of my father amongst the crew of HMS SGB4 Grey Fox. It is an original photograph with my father's writing on the reverse in which he identifies the Grey Fox. It's the same photo in your post which you say was taken after the July 1942 incident.
Can you please tell me any more about the photo, when it was taken for example?
My father was Norman Lovatt and he is standing immediately behind your father Lt John Erskine-Hill.
I tried uploading the photo but I was unsuccessful - too large.
Any information gratefully received.

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic