BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Seaplane Tenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ST440

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 10:12pm
http://www.nationalhistoricships.org.uk/register/2683/st-440

Edited by Pioneer - 23 January 2017 at 4:22pm
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 4:32pm
Hi Christian,

Many thanks, trust you are keeping well, very nice to see, all the best.

Johnk
Patrick JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2017 at 6:43pm
Hello Christian,

Many thanks for the link to ST440, much appreciated. Its good to see that she's still in use.

Kind regards
Patrick  Thumbs Up
Ron 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 11:27pm
Patrick, are you related to Brian (I think that was his name) from Hull by any chance who at one time owned 440?
Patrick JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 8:21am
Hi Ron,

Sorry, I don't know a previous owner by the name of Brian from Hull. 

Kind regards 
Patrick

Ron 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 9:28am
Thank You Patrick,
                             The last time I saw 440 was at Hull Marina, must be over 15 years when the chap had her, the next time I went to look for her she was still there but he had sold her and bought another interesting vessel called 'John Vincent'.
                                Looking back through the posts I see the photograph of a vessel hanging in lifting strops, she was also in Hull at the time, although not an ST she was also interesting and if my memory serves me correctly she and one other were built for the Shah of Persia regime but not delivered due to the change of management out there. Her sister ship I believe went to the U.S.
As others have commented it is good to see 440 is still going strong and a credit to those who have owned her and have spent so much time and money keeping shipshape.
Ron 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 5:08pm
Can I ask if there is another photograph of the vessel hanging from the strops in this section, have I got it wrong or is it a modified Broadbeam ST? Unfortunately at the moment I cannot locate my photographs of the Shah vessel to compare. Thank You.
Ron 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Ron 5 Ron 5 wrote:

Can I ask if there is another photograph of the vessel hanging from the strops in this section, have I got it wrong or is it a modified Broadbeam ST? Unfortunately at the moment I cannot locate my photographs of the Shah vessel to compare. Thank You.

It could well be the angle at which the photograph was taken which has me a bit puzzled in regards to shape of the Wheelhouse.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic