BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Target Towing Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTTL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 8:04pm
Hi panchottl,

RTTL 2748 has been under restoration in the Plymouth area for several years. I talked to a friend the other day who tells that she is now back in the water next to Mount Batten across the water from the Barbican.
I am down next weekend so I will try to take some pictures.

RTTL 2751 is under restoration in Shoreham. See elsewhere on the forum.

Edited by d-zine
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
panchottl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panchottl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:39pm

Thanks d-zine

Would appreciate any further info. Will watch on the form.

All the best Chris

d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 5:36pm
Hi panchottl,

I have just received confirmation that RTTL 2748 is moored at a pontoon adjacent to Mountbatten. She is reported as being a hull only but beautifully finished and at the moment without the superstructure. I am awaiting photo's and additional information as a friend owns the adjoining boatyard and will follow up for me.
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
Jacmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2007 at 6:02pm
Hello
I've been to Mountbatten 2 weeks ago and 2748 now has her superstructure fitted. Couldnt take any photos at the time  - sorry. I'm down Plymouth way in the next week so will take some and post them for those who are interested.
PS - Last weekend I was walking at Start Point on Sunday afternoon and a later steel ex RAF RTTL steamed by heading towards Salcombe. Anybody know which one? I see Spitfire appears to have been sold now, was it her?

cofrada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cofrada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2007 at 6:42pm

By sheer coincidence I was at Mt Batten on the 9th of Sept.When Itook these.

Barryg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 11:39pm
Posting these pictures for a76njk of 2571 at Shoreham waiting to start her refit

Edited by Barryg
Barryg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 11:39pm
Barryg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 11:46pm
If anyone is interested in Sabre I will be posting a few pictures not seen before after her collision.
cofrada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cofrada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 5:22am

Barry, are you sure that is 2571, and not 2751, judging by the superstructure and mast it's a Mk 2, a slip of the finger on keyboard 

Edited by cofrada
rafwebfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafwebfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 7:20pm

Hi folks,

yes I reckon Barry's finger slipped as the pic definately shows 2751.  Just as an aside 2571 was also a Vosper but a wartime 73 footer.  !5 were built using a shortened 'Fairmile' D type hull.  These were the only boats Vosper suppiled to the RAF during the conflict. All were disposed of in 1946 and nothing is known of their fate or subsequent history.  Photo of one of the class attached.

FAIR WINDS AND A FAVOURABLE TIDE
Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic