BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > MASB32
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MASB 27

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2014 at 7:02pm
More news...

I was planning on repairing the original deck, but the bottom layer of planking was too far gone (rain water retention) so I made the decision to tear it all up and drop down 12mm marine ply instead which will eventually be rubber painted.

I'm about 2/3rds re-laid so far

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 12:15pm
HI Owen,

Many thanks as ever update there, indeed as many of us know from CF vessels to paddle steamers, the deck can almost be as much of an issue as the hull....but great to see progress with 27 there, sure you aware, but an ST was on the e-newsletter of the National Historic Ships, although clearly you have one or two things on at the moment!, all the best

Johnk
Garethep View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garethep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 5:02pm
Owen,
She is starting to look very good indeed!  When I first saw her (as "moonlight" down in Bursledon) I always though how great it would be to see her back in original form but never expected to see it!  Hope all is well and the boats are settling into their new home. 
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 7:15pm
Hi there,

Indeed, can not but agree with you, Owen and the team doing great works, very much walking the walk, as ever I know I say it every time, but with MTB 102, HDML Medusa and others such as chap with CMB9, we can be very grateful such people are about,

Johnk
OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 8:23pm
Another update for you lot, as i've got a spare couple of minutes (literally)!

It's taken me about 6 weekends to finalise the bridge section of the deck structure. The drawing I had (not original) went out the window on the first weekend as it just didn't look right Tongue .

Before anyone says it, it is NOT exactly true to the original. These boats have racing pedigree and are built from the roots of miss England/miss Britain, so my intention for the boat was for always to look "fast", hence the wheelhouse is slightly different to the original...but still based on the original design (I hope Scott Paine would be proud Tongue)

And I did some tweaking on the PC, this gives an idea of what she'll look like with the turret fitted.

Also, check out how good the wood is under the glass! It will be coming off as soon as she's ashore (the glass that is).

Cheers then!
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 10:45pm
Looking good Owen!
SAVE EM ALL
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 9:44am
Hi Owen,

Indeed, just seen the latest, still there in sunny watchet!! yes the bridge dose look good, and lucky there with the hull planking, bloomin fibre glass sheathing, unless done very well but even then, bit of water....., many thanks look forward to more pics and progress as and when you can, 219 would also of course be of great interest, all the best

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 7:55am
An interesting shot of sister MASB 24 on the Veteran's website
(scroll down a little)
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 12:40pm
Hi there,

Indeed, great deck shot, turret clearly seen, many thanks,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic