BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Pinnace Class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pinnace for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pinnace for sale
    Posted: 26 November 2013 at 10:21am
Does anyone know the history or anything, in fact, of the advertised please?

Arthur
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 4:56pm
Hi there,

A project indeed.....no sorry I know nothing about this craft, but thanks for putting her up, perhaps perhaps someone might be interested, apprentice project? National Historic Ships launching new BTEC at Lowestoft I note...

Johnk
Big_Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 8:29pm
Hi all,

I've just bought her, hull registration number 5478.

Hope some of you can all help me with doing a bit of research.

Just to let you know a bit more about the state of her now.

The entire superstructure needs removing and restarting as the ply was never sealed properly and is now rotten.

The glass fibre that was applied to the hull has come away in various sections and will be removed very shortly.
Once she's back down to bare wood hull it should be a little more interesting.

arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 7:33am
Congratulations!

Another one saved from the scrap yard. Sorry I cannot help with ID.  Will follow progress with interest.

All the best.

Arthur
Big_Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 8:05pm
I'm hoping for a little advice on how to prepare and paint the wooden hull to get that smooth original gloss finish , has anyone got any advice?
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2014 at 4:04pm
Hi there,

Indeed, congratulations to you for taking her on, yes...well I would suggest...if you see on the links page, restoration of HSL 2552 Paul Joliffe, he has great experience on restoration, worth a line to ask him, the boat building college at Lowestoft could advise, also the HDML Medusa trust, appreciate many possibilities and perhaps many answers, but all as I say, have walked the walk, all the best,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic